We have frozen this blog as a historical, yet informational view at what life is like in the West Indies Mission for all those called to serve. This blog was designed for the families and friends of those missionaries serving in the West Indies Mission from July 2006 to July 2009. Every six weeks, photos taken at zone conference as well as a new slide show including every person baptized were posted on the blog. All of the slide shows are also available on our You Tube channel. The current West Indies Mission blog can be found here. Posts on our missionary experience can be found here and earlier. And finally, if you are a returned missionary who served in the West Indies, there is a current blog for you. Click here or visit westindiesrm@blogspot.com

Monday, January 26, 2009

Running a Mission

I remember sitting with some graduate students at a table at BYU just after getting our mission call. One of them (an RM) said, "I would never want to lead a mission. That would by like three years of scout camp!"

I have often thought about how wrong he was. This is the sweetest work imaginable. We love seeing others receive the blessings of the gospel, watching branches grow strong, and most of all observing young men have the doctrines of the priesthood distill upon them as they learn their duty and serve the Lord with all their hearts.

On a lighter note, I thought it would be fun to share some of the challenges of leading a mission illustrated by pictures our children took last weekend of our five "mission blessing" baby boys.

These are all things President Robison has heard - brightened up just a little :)


"Look out world! I was the TRAVELING DISTRICT LEADER on the plane from the MTC and I know how to do missionary work."



"How much longer do I have to keep propping up Elder Smith?"



"President, do you think I am going bald?"



"We're tired, it's hot, people aren't nice to us. Do we really have to go out and work today?"



"When will I like my mission?"



"I miss my MOM!"



"I've had enough! I can't stand one more minute with Elder Smith. Transfer me today!"

5 comments:

Karenin Jaar Robison said...

ha ha! that was hilarious...

jer said...

haha... these boys will be hard core... I'm not too worried

Angela said...

lol...that was so cute!

Stan & Isabelle said...

what great joy and laughter, just like a mission... this is so cute ...thanks for sharing

Dave and Tauna said...

You are hilarious. What cute boys you have.