We have frozen this blog as a historical, yet informational view at what life is like in the West Indies Mission for all those called to serve. This blog was designed for the families and friends of those missionaries serving in the West Indies Mission from July 2006 to July 2009. Every six weeks, photos taken at zone conference as well as a new slide show including every person baptized were posted on the blog. All of the slide shows are also available on our You Tube channel. The current West Indies Mission blog can be found here. Posts on our missionary experience can be found here and earlier. And finally, if you are a returned missionary who served in the West Indies, there is a current blog for you. Click here or visit westindiesrm@blogspot.com

Sunday, July 12, 2009

What a special day!

My husband and I were invited to speak in Church today. A number of returned missionaries and others connected to the West Indies Mission contacted us about attending. We posted details on Facebook and opened our house before and after the church meetings. We were looking forward to seeing a few of our wonderful mission friends but we had no idea how many would come.

The day is now finished and I still have no idea how many people came by our house and to church (I should have counted!), but all I can say is that it was overwhelming - in a good way. The house was full of family, friends and missionaries, the streets were full of cars, and the chapel was overflowing with wonderful saints.

The highlight was when all the West Indies missionaries (elders and couples) were invited to come to the front of the chapel and sing "Called to Serve." What a moment! What power!

We were also privileged to hear briefly from Elder Craig Christensen of the Seventy, and Elder Neil L Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

What a day!

I didn't get too many pictures - I was too busy visiting with many many wonderful RMs (and some of their wives!) and at least 20 families of currently serving missionaries. I will try to collect a few pictures and share them soon.

2 comments:

Stan & Isabelle said...

oh how wonderful, I only wish that I could have been there! I hope that you also felt the love and admiration of those that were too far away to attend.

Stan & Isabelle Packer

mrssherie said...

What a wonderful day it was! The missionary chorus brought tears to my eyes. Thank You to you and President Robison for being such wonderful influences on my son. He admires and respects both of you so much as do I.