We have frozen this blog as a historical, yet informational view at what life is like in the West Indies Mission for all those called to serve. This blog was designed for the families and friends of those missionaries serving in the West Indies Mission from July 2006 to July 2009. Every six weeks, photos taken at zone conference as well as a new slide show including every person baptized were posted on the blog. All of the slide shows are also available on our You Tube channel. The current West Indies Mission blog can be found here. Posts on our missionary experience can be found here and earlier. And finally, if you are a returned missionary who served in the West Indies, there is a current blog for you. Click here or visit westindiesrm@blogspot.com

Monday, May 25, 2009

Off on tour - for the last time

We fly to St Lucia tomorrow to start our final zone conference tour.

Yes - it is going to be tough - but sweet as well as we get to see each missionary one last time. I'll take 'plenty pictures' as they say here and post them as internet is available.

Also, I have the slideshow done (actually two of them - one a special 'favorite things' version) but I'm having technical problems with the website I use for hosting. I'll keep trying to post it.

Here is the schedule:

Wednesday, May 27 - Island Zone Conference in St Lucia (Martinique, St Vincent and Grenada fly in)

Friday, May 29 - French Zone Conference in Guadeloupe (St Martin flies in)

Monday, June 8 - Suriname Zone Conference (French Guiana travels to join us)

Wednesday, June 10 - Georgetown Zone Conference (Diamond, LaGrange and Georgetown zones)

Friday, June 12 - Canje Zone Conference (Canje and Berbice Zones)

Monday, June 15 - Trinidad Zone Conference (Tobago flies in)

(Note that if the conference is on a Monday, elders may not be able to email until the next day)

The Assistants will teach on the Preach my Gospel skill of study.

President Robison and I plan to have an open discussion based on the question - what doctrine, if understood, would motivate others to want to....(go to church, be baptized, live the law of chastity, etc). It think it will be an interesting series of conferences.

1 comment:

Stan & Isabelle said...

This gets me emotional ... just thinking of you leaving. Words can never express how I love you for all you have done for the West Indies Mission. I am grateful that my son was able to serve with you as the president & wife. When we meet on the other side I will express my gratitude. We will be eternally grateful! Love the Packer Family