We have frozen this blog as a historical, yet informational view at what life is like in the West Indies Mission for all those called to serve. This blog was designed for the families and friends of those missionaries serving in the West Indies Mission from July 2006 to July 2009. Every six weeks, photos taken at zone conference as well as a new slide show including every person baptized were posted on the blog. All of the slide shows are also available on our You Tube channel. The current West Indies Mission blog can be found here. Posts on our missionary experience can be found here and earlier. And finally, if you are a returned missionary who served in the West Indies, there is a current blog for you. Click here or visit westindiesrm@blogspot.com

Sunday, June 14, 2009

'Tis the Season



...for my favorite West Indies fruits

I remember the very beginning of our mission when I tasted my first perfectly fresh julie mango and my first West Indies avocado....I fell in love.

The timing is perfect because now, just as we are preparing to leave for home, our trees are full of those fabulous fruits.




I honestly did not play with the color of this avocado in Photoshop - this is what they look (and taste) like here!



And the mangoes...what can I say?



I just had to make mango mouse for supper tonight - our Bishop is coming to dinner!



And just look at these tiny little bananas. They taste so sweet!



Now if I could only figure out a way to get the elders to eat less like this...





...and more of this

No comments: