We have frozen this blog as a historical, yet informational view at what life is like in the West Indies Mission for all those called to serve. This blog was designed for the families and friends of those missionaries serving in the West Indies Mission from July 2006 to July 2009. Every six weeks, photos taken at zone conference as well as a new slide show including every person baptized were posted on the blog. All of the slide shows are also available on our You Tube channel. The current West Indies Mission blog can be found here. Posts on our missionary experience can be found here and earlier. And finally, if you are a returned missionary who served in the West Indies, there is a current blog for you. Click here or visit westindiesrm@blogspot.com

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Testimonies of Conversion

We had our every-six-weeks mission home fireside tonight. New members, investigators, and their friends were invited. It was a powerful group.

I met 11 year old Tracy



She was the first person Elder Mundy found and baptized on his mission - almost 2 years ago.

She has read the Book of Mormon twice.

Last December her mother and younger sister were baptized

Yesterday her Grandmother was baptized. She loves learning from her daughter and granddaughter

Here they are



The entire family is growing in the Gospel, reading the Book of Mormon, and having family home evening. Even the Dad is starting to get involved. Three generations in the church - that's what it is all about!


I heard this fine man, taught by Elders Payne (in picture), Guy, and Hickenlooper, bear his testimony tonight.



He said, "I love this book. (holding the Book of Mormon). I can't stop reading it. I read every night until 2. It has changed my life" He was baptized last week.


I met a mother and daughter.

This daughter was recently baptized and wanted a way to draw closer to her mother.



She found it



Today her mother was baptized by Elder Collins and now they are 'sisters'


I met Stacy, who is being taught by her 'tall tower' missionaries - Elders Palmer and Nielsen.


She will be baptized next week.


Missionary work is wonderful!

D&C 16:6 And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father.

1 comment:

Devon said...

Sister Robison,
Thank you so much for making that post about Tracey, her mother Nadia, and her grandmother and family. I nearly exploded with excitement when I saw that they had all been baptized. When I was in Port-of-Spain with Elder Lucero, we were introduced to this family by Tracey's young neighbor friend. We found them very receptive and eager to learn the gospel. 9-year old Tracey and her mother read the Book of Mormon voraciously. Both Nadia, Tracey, and her grandmother came to church and said they wanted to be baptized. Everything was going great until Nadia's husband caused some problems. I left the area and I never heard if anything came of them. Now, two years later, I am thrilled to know that they are all baptized and strong in the church!